Over $62,000 in Family CARE grant money is going towards patient care at the local hospital.
The cash is from the Hospital Foundation and the Volunteer Association.
Money is being used to buy various pieces of equipment. Officials say its the ‘little things’ that can make a significant difference to patient care.
The complete list of items is below.
- An ophthalmoscope, protoscope and sinoscope to allow a greater number of patients to be seen in our Ambulatory Care Department
- A new wheelchair, along with lift slings and new bedside chairs for the Critical Care Unit
- 10 new magnetic dry erase boards for better communication and a specialized light with lamp stand to examine noses, throats and mouths for our Emergency Department.
- Several walkers and raised cushions in patient unit 3A to assist patients recovering from orthopaedic surgery
- Bumper pads, chairs and a vascular doppler for our Post Anesthesia Care Unit – important as we continue to develop our vascular surgery program
- A new sleeper chair, high back chairs and a baby scale for our Maternal Newborn Unit
- A couch for the NICU Waiting Room and playmats for siblings visiting the NICU